Welcome at the abstract submission site of the 15th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference "Taking up the Global Challenge"
. The congress will be held from 5-8 July 2009, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Please read the abstract instructions below, before you submit an abstract.
We encourage high quality work: best papers will be nominated for the BEST PAPER AWARD.
After submitting a full paper you will receive a letter of confirmation of receipt by e-mail.
Letters of acceptance will be sent by May 15th, 2009 and the final programme will be available in late May 2009.
Your abstract has been accepted either as paper of as poster. You can only submit your work in the accepted form.
Click here to submit a full paper (submit it in the appropriate track, if you have been suggested to submit it in another track!!)
Paper submission guidelines
(see poster guidelines further below)
Please read these instructions thoroughly before preparing your paper:
- All papers must be submitted online in the English language through the congress website. The instructions applying to papers and paper submission must be followed carefully.
- For a paper you are allowed to use 7000 words. (the system won't accept longer versions).
- In the abstract review process your paper has either been accepted for the track or you have been suggested to submit the paper in another track. If you have been suggested one or more other tracks, then submit it in one of these suggested tracks, not in the original track.
- A team of peers, selected by the Scientific Programme Committee will review the full papers.
- The paper should be prepared as follows:
The deadline for receipt of full papers is April 14th, 2009, 23.00 CET. Full papers submitted later than April 14th, 2009, 23.00 CET will be not be considered for peer review.
The reviewers will use the following evaluation criteria in reviewing the paper:
- Font: Arial, at 10 pitch.
- You can attach 7 images per paper.
- Only standard abbreviations may be used in the text. The first time that an abbreviation is used, first the full word or phrase must be mentioned and this is followed by the abbreviation which is placed in parentheses.
- Numbers should be used except at the beginning a sentence, then the number is spelled out.
- The paper starts with names and affiliations, e-mail addresses. Then the title, abstract and 3-5 keywords are given. The text covers purpose, design, findings originality and robustness (see -13-). End with references, using the Harvard style (see Endnote or Refworks). Example:
- (Welford and Frost, 2006) in text
- In the Reference list:
- WELFORD, R. & FROST, S. (2006) Corporate social responsibility in Asian supply chains. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 13, 166-176.
Is the abstract clear in presenting:
- The Purpose of the paper (relevance in light of the scope of the conference and of the track and research question)
- The applied design/methodology/approach
- The quality of the empirical findings?
- The Originality & added value of the research
- Does it address the issue of further implementation and robustness for meeting the world wide challenge (see "Scope of the Conference")
Poster submission guidelines
If a poster is presented, the poster must be submitted as pdf before June 15th, 2009
, to be presented on the website. Presenter(s) do have to bring their own printed poster. Poster size: 0,90 meter wide and 1.50 meter high
Presenters (oral, poster) are supposed to register and pay conference fee for the 15th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference.
|January 19th, 2009
||Deadline submitting abstracts
||Time to review
|February 28th, 2009
||Letters of acceptance abstract
|April 14th, 2009
||Deadline submitting full paper
||Review period paper
|May 15th, 2009
||Final programme & acceptance information paper
|June 15th, 2009
||Deadline submitting pdf-copy of poster